Friday, November 12, 2010

Sail Knot, Want Not







When I retire from this law gig I plan on sailing the world.  That's right, circumnavigating the globe in my own private boat, hopefully with my weathered husband of thirty years and a golden retriever named Fred.  I don't sail often nor do I have very much sailing experience, but I have been thinking and planning this since I was a teenager.  It's just one of those things that I decided upon years ago and there is no question in my mind that it will happen.  From the shores of the St. Lawrence to the Cape of Good Hope to the Italian Riviera, this is how I plan on spending my old age.  It's funny how quickly years pass you by and you realize you have not done much (read: nothing)  towards achieving goals in life that you most certainly intend on achieving.  Well, it's a Friday night in November, so I have absolutely no intention of taking up sailing on this brisk evening.  But you heard it here first folks.  In the words of the Avett Brothers (I sense a theme here), decide what to be and go be it.  This ain't no motivational poster, just a tip from one sailor to another.  And man, do I look good in breton stripes.





1 comment: